Windows, VSS, Multiple Directories

I have a script that I use to backup several directories on my Windows 10 machine. The command looks something similar to this "restic.exe --exclude-file=C:\path\to\excludes.txt --host test-vm backup C:\path\to\directory1 C:\path\to\directory2 --use-fs-snapshot

I noticed that suddenly it wasn’t running and i’m getting the error:

creating VSS snapshot for [c:\]
error: CreateFile \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy4\path\to\directory1 C:\path\to\directory2: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
successfully created snapshot for [c:\]
Fatal: unable to save snapshot: Lstat: CreateFile \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy4\path\to\directory C:: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

If I remove the first directory (directory1) and just backup the one directory (directory2) it works just fine. It’s something about having multiple directories. Does anyone have any idea as to what the issue is here? Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Edit: I should also add that I’m using version 0.13.0

Discussing commands that aren’t fully defined (and can hence be something else than what you wrote) isn’t constructive, please provide the full and exact command you run.

Has this worked up until recently? If yes, what has changed? Can you reproduce the error? For it to start happening recurringly, something must have changed.

For kicks you could try the same run but with restic 0.12.1 instead, just to see if you can reproduce a difference.

Probably the quoting of the command-line arguments is wrong. Judging from the output restic interprets them as C:\path\to\directory1 C:\path\to\directory2 being a single filename.