Windows Server 2003

Hello,

Hello! I have a quick question, does anybody know what version of restic I can run on Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition Service Pack 2? When I try and run restic_0.12.1_windows_386.exe I get

"Failed to execute: %1 is not a valid Win32 application"

Thank you

You could give restic 0.9.2 a try. That version should still use go 1.10 which is apparently the last version to support Windows Server 2003.

If that doesn’t work you could try bisecting whether an older version works, although I’d strongly recommend not to use anything older than 0.9.0.

In any case please use a recent restic version (aka. 0.12.1) and run restic check --read-data afterwards from a different host to make sure that the backup is fine.

@SP_Chickasaw_IT Have you tried @MichaelEischer’s suggestion yet? Please let us know how it goes! :+1:

Wow thank you so much for the detailed response. I don’t know how I missed the notification. I spent all weekend brainstorming and trying to find a different utility but I couldn’t. Restic fits my use case like a glove so I have hope this will work. I will report back for sure. Might be a day or 2 but “I’ll be back” :motorcycle:

Thanks to your message I saw it for the first time! I will test and respond!

1 Like