Question about sftp, rclone, webdav

Hi,

I am using a hetzner storage box and I am wondering what the best transfer protocol would be.

I have tested: sftp, rclone+sftp and rclone+webdav. All 3 show basically the same performance with a restic diff command:

rclone-webdav:
Command being timed: "./restic_repo.sh-with-rclone-webdav -r hetzner diff 255b184a 99fef2b6"
        User time (seconds): 49.91
Command being timed: "./restic_repo.sh-with-rclone-webdav -r hetzner diff 255b184a 99fef2b6"
        User time (seconds): 49.14
Command being timed: "./restic_repo.sh-with-rclone-webdav -r hetzner diff 255b184a 99fef2b6"
        User time (seconds): 49.68


rclone-sftp:
Command being timed: "./restic_repo.sh-with-rclone -r hetzner diff 255b184a 99fef2b6"
        User time (seconds): 49.44
Command being timed: "./restic_repo.sh-with-rclone -r hetzner diff 255b184a 99fef2b6"
        User time (seconds): 49.42
Command being timed: "./restic_repo.sh-with-rclone -r hetzner diff 255b184a 99fef2b6"
        User time (seconds): 49.60


sftp:
Command being timed: "./restic_repo.sh -r hetzner diff 255b184a 99fef2b6"
        User time (seconds): 50.28
Command being timed: "./restic_repo.sh -r hetzner diff 255b184a 99fef2b6"
        User time (seconds): 49.76        
Command being timed: "./restic_repo.sh -r hetzner diff 255b184a 99fef2b6"
        User time (seconds): 49.79

So performance is not a good criteria to make a choice. What else may I consider to make my choice on either of the three protocols? Like: fault tolerance, connection timeout handling when fritz box is restarted, security, etc. pp.

Or does it not make any difference at all?