Input/output error

Hi,
I was wondering if someone else has had the same issue, recently realized every now and then im getting this error

scan: lstat /media/servers/zeus/shares: input/output error

not sure if its restic or the CIFS, i mount the SMB share on ubuntu server with restic. Then restic copies that smb share to another folder internally of the ubuntu server, out of 1 week maybe 1 time i get this error which therefore does not do the backup. maybe someone else has had this issue before? I was looking up the error but could not get a real answer to solve this.

Thank you

1 Like

I’m not able to be of help with the error message but I’d personally avoid backing up a Samba share. Is this the only possibility?

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, the idea is to backup the windows file shares with restic i was maybe wondering if someone else has had this issue before

After many hours of troubleshooting figured out a way, in the script i auto mount it by running

#mount the targets # Mount the windows Share to linux mount -t cifs //192.168.1.195/Shares /media/servers/zeus/shares --verbose -o vers=2.1,user=administrator,password=mypass,domain=casa

# Mount the NAS share to linux mount -t cifs //192.168.1.204/BackupsDailyZeus /media/backupnas --verbose -o vers=2.1,user=administrador,password=mypass

then when the script finishes i unmount all cifs

#unmount the share so i wont get the input/output error umount -a -t cifs -l
1 Like