Group-accessible repositories for rest-server?

Hello

According to the restic docs (Preparing a new repository / Group accessible repositories [sorry, cannot post link as new forum user]), it is possible to configure restic repositories to be group-accessible for local and SFTP repositories by changing the permissions of the config file (and assigning an appropriate primary group to the user running restic).

Should this also be possible for restic server (using a local backend)? When I follow the steps in the docs, new files in the repository are still being created with 0600, hence not group-accessible.

There are some forum posts and a rest-server issue that touch on this:

Can anyone shed some light on the “official” current state or best practices regarding group-accessible repositories in the context of rest-server?

My use case is syncing the rest-server repository to an off-site location using rclone under a different user.

Thank you very much.

So far there is no support for group-accessible repositories in rest-server. The corresponding PR Expose command line option to configure umask for directories and files by mlusetti · Pull Request #190 · restic/rest-server · GitHub is not ready for merging. I’ve added a summary comment to Expose command line option to configure umask for directories and files by mlusetti · Pull Request #190 · restic/rest-server · GitHub .

Thank you for your reply :+1: