With all due respect, this isn’t helping. If you read the issue thread, 1) there is no concensus on which format to use, 2) viper has been mentioned several times, 3) the author has stated several times he’s not convinced about viper and would prefer to use another tool, 4) there are already several other branches referenced that attempts to solve the configuration file feature, 5) given that there are so many different suggestions and ways to do this it’s pretty reasonable that whatever the final decision is it should be @fd0’s.
So, with that in mind, I fail to see how filing a PR that “solves” the problem in a way that others have already suggested before, and that is certainly not the decided way forward, especially when there are already other work of similar type, will help the project. Especially when the maintainers are busy trying to focus on things that leads up to an actual release, it’s not like we’re going to (or at least should) sit down and tackle this thing all of a sudden. Not to mention posting about it in two places gets so much attention that we do have to sit down and spend time responding to it, time that would otherwise have been spent on things leading up to a release.
My point is that in this particular case it should be very clear that the issue being discussed is not ready for yet another PR. If I’m misinterpreting something in that assessment, please feel perfectly free to correct me, I am very open to being wrong or misunderstanding something, and I don’t want to come across as being ungrateful for your work, you have done a lot of great contributions to restic lately!