CentOS 6 Installation

I have tried to install the restic package from the repo and it appears for CentOS 6 the package is no longer there.

[root@ip-10-10-1-230 /]# yum-config-manager --add-repo
******* (Some lines have been deleted since I can only add 2 links in this post).*
https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/copart/restic/repo/epel-6/copart-restic-epel-6.repo: [Errno 14] PYCURL ERROR 22 - “The requested URL returned error: 404 NOT FOUND”
Trying other mirror.
To address this issue please refer to the below wiki article

******* (Some lines have been deleted since I can only add 2 links in this post).*

If above article doesn’t help to resolve this issue please use

Tried installing from source as well:

[root@ip-10-10-1-230 restic-0.12.0]# go run build.go
go: bazil.org/fuse@v0.0.0-20200407214033-5883e5a4b512: invalid version: unknown revision 5883e5a4b512

Has somebody successfully installed this on a CentOS 6 machine? Any tips would be helpful.

I also have a centos “legacy System” and restic runs fine. I used the Binary, ready to use.
I recommend you also just download the pre compiled Binary and place it for instance in /usr/local/bin.

You can then keep restic up to date using

restic self-update

You can find the binaries always on the Release Page by the way below the Release notes.