Can I use OneDrive for repo?

I have a Win10 laptop with Microsoft 365 Personal on it which allows for 1 Tb of space on OneDrive. Is there anyway of pointing the repo location to OneDrive?

Thanks in advance for all help.

Restic doesn’t have a built-in backend for OneDrive, so to use it you’ll have to use the rclone backend, see: Preparing a new repository — restic 0.12.0 documentation and https://rclone.org/

You’d have to try it out, maybe there’s some limitations in how many requests you can perform per time period or similar. But it’s worth giving it a whirl to see how it fares!

@rawtaz I’m sorry I hadn’t done my ‘homework’ this time. I should have done a search of OneDrive on the forum before asking the question. Will try harder next time.

No worries :slight_smile:

I store to a Restic repo on my PC in the folder that OneDrive backs up. That’s not very efficient but works fine given my repo size.

@tomwaldnz Thanks very much for your response. That’s what I was planning to do but then I found this:

That allows me to put the repo anywhere and just provide a link to the OneDrive folder. I guess it’s not that much different in the end result but I have a schema for backup folders which I wanted to retain.