Hi guys, I am a new and enthusiastic Restic user. Since I had a hard time getting my backups to work the way I wanted them to, I decided to publish my scripts in a small repo. Hope this makes it easier for you than for me.
This will use Restic and Rclone in combination. Restic for creating a local repo and Rclone for creating a remote copy. The official Docker instance is used to run both programs. So you don’t need more than a Linux system with Docker to use it.
- Automation with cron jobs possible
- Creates local and remote repositories
- Fast and flexible creation of backup jobs with template
- Automatically stop and start Docker containers during backups
- Separate schedule for the execution of Forget, Prune and the Rclone transfer
- Blocks execution of the same job while it is still running.
The scripts, including instructions on how to set them up and use them, can be found in the corresponding Github repository: BackupScripts Github
Maybe some of you will like my solution and find it useful. Then the many hours of work will have been worth it.
With this in mind, I hope you have fun backing up.