I’m looking at setting up restic on a windows laptop.
Things I foresee needing to implement:
- Setting environment variables
- Scheduling restic to backup / self-update / check
- Running as low priority
- Cancelling backup on connection to metered network connection (allow for retry on normal reconnection)
- Scheduling restic to self-update
- Using a VSS snapshot
- Reporting backup failures
- Writing a script to do all of the above (surely this has all been done before?)
How are the above done in a Windows environment?
[Note: I don’t want to use relica which would waaaay more than double my yearly costs]