Web UI for Restic

So, Relica is closed source, right? No free (not talking “as in beer”) or open source software?

I am in your list since you posted it here and it looks amazing. Really good, but not a fan of closed source, tho. However, I really don’t mind to spend for this software if I were to setup this for someone who doesn’t know how to work with restic. It is cheap, considering you’re giving your software with a subscription for offsite backups.

I have a question… how does relica manage repositories if I have different computers backing up? Could I use the same repo for all or it will create a different repository for every host?

3 Likes

Relica separates the concept of a backup set from a destination. So you can create a single destination – say, the Relica Cloud, or a destination (folder) on another one of your computers – and have multiple backup sets, even multiple different computers, back up to it. A repository is shared within the same account, even if it is populated by multiple hosts.

@matt thank you for your answer. I wish the best for this project.

1 Like

@aventrax
very interesting to read about your approach. Is it possible that you share your web UI for restic? I’m sure many would love to test it and perhaps contribute to it :slight_smile:

I’ve been looking for a Restic UI recently and came across this. It’s not clear what is being offered with Relica for $5/month. Does this include any cloud storage ? or am I expected to have my own storage backend with a Cloud provide already in place ?

Both/either. As the pricing page says, it’s $60/yr plus optional cloud storage in The Relica Cloud. If you bring your own cloud storage, it’s not extra:

If I use my own cloud storage, does this pricing apply?

The cloud storage pricing shown on this page is for the managed Relica Cloud, which we recommend for most customers. However, there is no extra charge for backing up to your own cloud storage but you will have to set up and maintain it yourself.

There’s a lot of good information in these bullet points too, including what you get with the membership:

Basically a membership gives you unlimited backup for all your devices, except to the Relica Cloud, which is billled by usage (per GB).

Ok, so i find it hard to justify spending the same amount on the means to back up to the cloud provider i’m already paying for. I appreciate that development takes time and money to sustain a product like this, but in that case I would rather pay a one-off rather than a reoccurring fee when i’m not really getting any service other than a UI to something I can already do.

3 Likes