I’m new to restic, and I installed it on 2 ubuntu 20.04 machines, in different location.
Machine 1 — the server which I want to backup
Machine 2 — the backup storage/repo
Here’s the case :
- machine 1 has 2 folders which I want to backup : folder a + folder b, both in folder c
- running restic for test, I managed to backup over sftp to machine 2 (16Gb in about 3:30 hrs)
- I created folder C also on machine 2, just to be easier to restore and to have exactly the same structured files path
- I backup the whole Folder C, and restore result is complete with the whole subfolders, owner permissions. No problem
- But when I tried to restore to : folder C on machine 2, and the restored became : folder C - folder C : folder a + folder b
- I tried with the --include option, result became : folder C - folder C : folder a or b on machine 2
Is there another way to restore folder a / b to already created : folder C on machine 2 without the parent tree folder C being recreated ? If not, then that means I have to do extra step to move the folder. Btw, restic is really fast !